Sounds crazy, I know, but when it comes to astrology, my belief system is that God created the stars, seasons and times in which we are able to glean wisdom. All of these factors affect our bodies.
I believe that God created these things, not to be worshipped, but as categories that allow us to better know ourselves, and how to interact with other people and seasons.
When you look at the three wise men, it’s noted that they joined Daniel in following the stars and signs of astrology to get across the desert from one country to another. It’s amazing how we interact with the universe and have been doing so since the beginning of humankind.
When it comes to zodiac signs, they often align with a person’s personality, and so we can grow wisdom by looking at how we interact with God’s universe.
In one of my recent Podcast episodes, Dr. Christopher Motley and I discussed the best Chinese herbs, supplements and remedies for people depending on their zodiac sign. Dr. Motley specializes in kinesiology, preventative health and Traditional Chinese Medicine. He was able to shine light on the character traits of each zodiac sign and what actions they can take to stay in balance.
Below are the signs and natural remedies we discussed — and how they may benefit people who are feeling out of balance.
Zodiac Sign and Corresponding Supplements
Capricorn (December 22-January 19)
Capricorns love to inspire and create. They are visionaries who love to learn and bring ideas to fruition. They are also independent and disciplined people.
Capricorns tend to work a lot, sometimes taking it overboard and losing balance. For this reason, Capricorns can benefit from increasing their yin by engaging in prayer, mindfulness meditation and focusing on one task at a time.
Capricorns are earth elements, so they need to eat grounding, nutrient-dense foods. They can benefit from nourishing the adrenals with supplements like :
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is an adaptogenic herb that supports adrenal function when these glands are overtaxed.
- Shilajit: This is an ancient brain-boosting herb that helps to revitalize the body.
Aquarius (January 20-February 18)
Know for excellent listening and peacemaking skills, an Aquarius type doesn’t caste judgement and tends to make people feel comfortable.
They want to give to others, but have a hard time receiving love and care in return. For this reason, it’s important for an Aquarius to build up his or her thyroid, adrenals and reproductive system so that they aren’t weighed down by others.
Supplements that supply strength for the Aquarius include:
- Ashwagandha: This adaptogenic herb works to improve thyroid and adrenal function.
- Suma root (or Brazilian Ginseng): This South American herb supports healthy testosterone levels in men and women, reduces inflammation and boosts endurance.
- Thiamine: Thiamine supports digestive, cardiovascular and neurological health. It can also boost your mood and increase your energy levels. An excellent thiamine-rich food is nutritional yeast.
Pisces (February 19-March 20)
Pisces are the creatives and romantics. They are the artistic types who love individuality. They love being different and having their own unique identity, but this causes them to wall-off others in order to protect their individualism.
Pisces can benefit from group activities, which remove them from themselves, and supplements that build up the heart and circulation. This includes:
- Ginkgo biloba: Ginkgo biloba is a Chinese herb that’s widely used for supporting brain health. Research indicates that it protects and enhances cognitive function.
- Red sage: Red sage (also called Danshen) is a powerful Chinese herb that’s used to promote heart health.
Aries (March 21-April 19)
Aries are courageous, determined, passionate and high energy. They will fight for people in need, as they are excellent defenders.
They also tend to be competitive and want to push the norms, always looking for the honesty and truth behind people and ideas. They are problem-solvers.
When out of balance, Aries can overthink, so they can benefit from calming the mind. This will help them to conserve energy and use it on the most important areas of life.
They can benefit from calming herbs, including:
- Rhodiola: Rhodiola is a stress-busting supplement; research suggests it helps improve both physical and mental energy.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha helps the body adapt to stress and while combatting symptoms of overactivity, like anxiety and fatigue.
Taurus (April 20-May 20)
A Taurus is a hard-working person who also takes the time to appreciate the little, finer things in life. They put a lot of energy out into the universe, whether it’s into relationships, family or work, but they can also forget to use some of this energy on themselves.
A Taurus tends to build up adrenaline all day and gets little sleep. This type has a go-go-go mentality. They can wear themselves out easily, so can benefit from slowing down. The Taurus type also needs to invest in him or herself.
Some of the best herbs for a Taurus are adaptogens and adrenal tonics. These include:
- Rehmannia: Rehmannia is used in traditional Chinese and Japanese medicine. Studies imply that it helps to boost immune function while supporting the adrenals and promoting cognitive health.
- Reishi: Reishi mushroom is another adaptogenic that helps the body deal with the effects of stress. It can help boost energy levels, reduce inflammation and balance hormones, too.
Gemini (May 21-June 20)
A Gemini is intuitive and adapts well to his or her environment. This adaptability is the biggest strength of Gemini, which makes them a water element.
They can accentuate another person’s gifts, but can become confused about their own gifts or role in the universe. The best supplements or remedies for a Gemini are those that bring them back to focus and balance. Free-flowing movements are excellent for Geminis — and so are supplements like:
- Magnesium: Magnesium glycinate supplements are used to help reduce anxiety, improve sleep quality and stabilize mood, as shown in scientific literature.
- Vitamin B6: Vitamin B6 helps to support brain function, with studies finding it produces a significant impact on the central production of neurotransmitters in the brain, including GABA and serotonin.
Cancer (July 21-July 22)
Cancers are the giving people who want to make life fun, but they are also good at analyzing. They are problem solvers who invest a lot of energy into people.
A tired or fatigued Cancer can be standoffish or testy. They can also deal with low self-esteem issues when they’re out of balance.
Scheduling time off in order to unwind and rest is crucial for Cancers. They can benefit from relaxing, uplifting activities, like mindful meditation, and walks outdoors. They may also find the following supplements helpful when out of balance:
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is often recommended for people dealing with stress and anxiety. It can help to improve mental health and cognitive function.
- Reishi: Reishi mushroom helps to balance hormone levels. Studies highlight its role in supporting the endocrine system and positive impacts on metabolism, sleep and mood.
Leo (July 23-August 22)
Leos are full of pride. They are driven and loyal, and they often take charge as natural leaders.
In Traditional Chinese Medicine, the Leo is the wood element. They are often driven by their adrenal glands, which means that when in their element, Leos produce adrenaline that keeps them motivated and energized. This, however, can lead to adrenal fatigue and hormone imbalance over time.
Knowing this, the best supplements for Leos, especially when they are dealing with adrenal fatigue, include:
- B-complex vitamins: A high-quality B-complex supplement helps to support the adrenals and boost energy levels.
- Licorice root: Licorice root is an adaptogen used to tackle leaky gut, adrenal fatigue and respiratory issues. Research shows that it’s a powerful antioxidant and helps boost immunity and energy.
Virgo (August 23-September 22)
Virgos are hard working, organized and can often be described as disciplinarians. In Chinese medicine, the Virgo would represent the earth element, which is because they are the motherly figure.
Virgos naturally see and focus on the small things in life, while recognizing the big picture. But when a Virgo is out of balance or tired, they can become overly aware of the smallest things or details, and even begin picking out flaws in others or themselves. This can be described as obsessive or becoming overbearing.
Virgos sometimes deal with indigestion, upset stomach and other digestive-related symptoms when they’re out of balance.
Some of the best supplements for Virgos, who need to pay particular attention to their spleen and stomach health, include:
- Astragalus root: It’s important for Virgos to boost the body’s ability to deal with stress using adaptogenic herbs like astragalus. Astragalus can reduce stress hormones and improve the natural stress response.
- Licorice root: Licorice root is an anti-inflammatory, soothing herb that battles issues related to gut health and ulcerative disorders.
Libra (September 23-October 22)
Libras are calm, giving and balance-seeking. Libras like to focus on the big picture and they value a good-quality lifestyle. They live altruistically and see the beauty in others. They are also magnets for people who are in need of love and attention.
Libras can become tired or overwhelmed with the attention needed by others, causing them to lose their own balance. Libras have a tendency to give more than they receive, but this can become a burden over time.
It’s important for Libras to remain grounded. Not only will they benefit from time outdoors, grounding and embracing the beauty of God’s world, but they can also nourish their needs with:
- Reishi: Reishi mushroom is an adaptogenic herb that helps the body maintain balance by normalizing hormone levels and helping the body bounce back from the negative effects of stress.
- Helichrysum: Helichrysum is a medicinal plant with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Research suggests its essential oils boost heart health, promote gut health and support immune function.
Scorpio (October 23-November 21)
Scorpios are loyal, passionate and brave. They defend the weak and disadvantaged. Like Libras, they spend a lot of time and energy on building up those around them, and can end up feeling depleted over time.
Deep within the Scorpio, self doubt tends to accumulate. This explains why Scorpios often spend energy helping others, as it gives them a sense of self worth.
Scorpios want to create love to make up for the lack of love or traumatic experience endured in the past. For this reason, they can often benefit from adaptogenic, defensive herbs and supplements including:
- Panex ginseng: Panex ginseng helps improve mood while reducing stress. Studies indicate its anti-stress properties improve adrenal fatigue and other stress-induced disorders.
- Ashwagandha: This adaptogen helps the body deal with the negative effects of stress, like inflammation, fatigue and hormone imbalance.
- Cat’s claw: Cat’s claw works as an immune-boosting, anti-inflammatory agent that decreases DNA damage, as shown by scientific literature.
Sagittarius (November 22-December 21)
These are happy, fun-loving people who are often free spirits and risk takers. They want connection and relationships, and they value a sense of community.
They love getting people together, but over time will yearn for space and privacy. Like all signs, there needs to be a balance in place, otherwise the Sagittarius will experience symptoms of fatigue.
Sagittarius is the fire element in Chinese medicine. And eventually, they can “burn out.” This effect can be dramatic when they’re very out of balance.
To build up the yin or calming portion of a Sagittarius, the best supplements include:
- Slippery elm: Slippery elm helps to soothe the respiratory and digestive systems. Studies suggest slippery elm reduces oxidative stress and reduces inflammation while boosting immunity.
- Chamomile: Chamomile herbal extracts help to relieve anxiety, skin disorders and inflammation while supporting digestive health. The plant is rich in antioxidants and helps to fight free radical damage. If you’re allergic to ragweed, though, you may want to avoid, since there is some allergenic cross-reactivity.
The zodiac sign symptoms mentioned in this article may occur when a person is out of balance, stressed or fatigued. This is not an exact science, of course, so some people may not feel like their sign directly relates to their personality.
If you plan to use these supplements for your health, seek guidance from your healthcare professional, especially if you’re already taking prescription medications.
- When it comes to astrology and zodiac signs, my belief system is that God created the stars, which affect our personalities and bodies in several ways.
- People who see their personality traits in the common description of their zodiac signs may benefit from particular supplements.
- The idea is that when out of balance, each sign may deal with specific health challenges, so supplementing for these needs can be beneficial.
Recognize Ovarian Cancer Symptoms (+ 3 Natural Ways to Help Ease Treatment)
Roughly 1 in 75 women will be diagnosed with ovarian cancer at some point during their lifetimes. According to the...
Tips for Beating Cancer: Activate Your Body’s 5 Health Defense Systems
Tips for beating cancer should always include dietary components, but all too often, this part of cancer treatment is ignored....
Mammograms Do Not Find All Breast Cancers
Breast cancer now affects about 1 in 8 U.S. women at some point during the course of their lifetime. It is...
Sugary Drinks Raise the Risk of Cancer — Does This Include Fruit Juice?
Surveys show that the consumption of sugary drinks has increased in the last several decades on a global scale, up...
6 DEET Dangers (Plus, Safer Science-Backed Swaps)
In an effort to avoid bug bites and insect-borne diseases like Zika, West Nile, Keystone virus and Lyme disease, you...
12 Natural Cancer Treatments Revealed
Have you ever wondered how effective natural cancer treatments can be? Around 20 years ago, my mother was diagnosed with...